Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Night Pictures


I'm still learning how to use my camera.




 Mine is a few years older that this.


Last week my husband asked me to take some picutres of the back of the house at night.
He wanted them for our  Christmas card.

I know next to  nothing  about camera settings.
So I got out my camera book and got the basic information to try night  photography.


I tried to set up the camera first where the shot would be 




yikes.. to much clutter




Run back in the house and turn on all the lights in the back of the house.
And then moved some more pool stuff out of the way.


And moved the camera closer.



and waited

Here is the final picture I took
As I took the picture a falling star was seen right over the house!


It was worth waiting for



I still have to learn a bunch but this was so much fun to do.

Try something new this week!

I took one of my pool house too.




I'm going to have to learn how to level the camera at night too.

Hope you try some night time photos!

Jules

6 comments:

  1. PS - I've "awarded" you at http://tammylovesdishes.wordpress.com/2011/08/27/who-doesnt-love-an-award-versatile-blogger-award/

    Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jules,
    Wow! your photo's turned out so great and what a moment in time to capture the falling star!!!
    Your home is beautiful and the pool house is so stunning. I have been trying to capture the pool lights and the water fall on your pool..I will keep trying.
    A beautiful post..
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is gorgeous! And how lovely for the falling star to appear. Enjoy the fabulous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures and your home is gorgeous! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete